2017 has been a very interesting year for me. I would be crazy not share a lot of the lessons that life has taught me this past year. Here are some of the biggest lessons that I have learned in 2017:
- Never give up, even when it seems impossible…miracles can’t happen if you don’t believe in them.
- Take the risk. If you want to make a major change in your life you cannot do so without taking a risk. I always envision this gap between where I am right now and where I want to be. When you take a risk you are starting to build that bridge that will get you to the other side. That means changing a lot about your current situation.
- I’m not completely where I want to be yet, but I have learned that the building is the only part that truly matters. It makes you stronger and smarter, your failures teach you soooo much! I don’t think I would be able to navigate some of the situations that I have been in if it weren’t for my failures. To be the wife, mother, friend, and entrepreneur that I want to be, I know that the universe is providing me with the situations I need to learn from.
- “DON’T LISTEN TO THEY!” I took this lesson from our beloved Mr. Dj Khalid. People will doubt you, the will have opinions, they will say things that may hurt about the changes you are making in your life. I have learned that people can only speak from their perspective, and what they believe they are capable of. It actually has nothing to do with you, which brings me to my next lesson.
- CLEAN UP YOUR CIRCLE! Surrounding yourself with people that do what you do, people that are living the life you want to live is so important. If you surround yourself with energy suckers, and negative Nancy’s, you will never be where you want to be in your life because those people will always make you feel like you have to lower your vibration.
- Patients is a virtue! I have a big book of ideas and things that come to me, things that I want to do right now. BUT I have been working on giving myself time to let those things manifest, let the universe line up the time, the place, and the people to make those ideas happen. I use to get so frustrated when things weren’t happening RIGHT NOW! I’m learning to trust the process more.
- Do what you say you are going to do! This one is very important because it can make or break how you feel about yourself. Feeling good about yourself is very important. So, when you tell yourself “I’m getting up at 5am to work out!” do it and see how much confidence you will feel in yourself!
- The last and very important lesson. Everyone has their own story. Write your own. DO NOT COMPARE YOURSELF to anyone else. You have to work with what you have and to your own capabilities.
I’m really excited to carry these lessons into the new year. Reflection is sooo good for you! What lessons have you learned this year that will help you conquer ’18?